Thursday, June 11, 2009

The state of my dating life - at the moment, non-existant

Hiya all! As many of my friends and even acquaintances know, my dating life tends to suck. It's not that I don't get dates here and there, I do, and sometimes more than others, but the problem is (and believe me, I know I am no where close to being the only one) finding not just a good guy on paper, but a guy with whom our flaws mesh rather than clash.

I have tried MANY different dating sites - match, yahoo, okcupid, plentyoffish, jdate (I know, I'm not really Jewish at all, but figured I'd give it a try!), eharmony, chemistry, bust.com (also linked to nerve and salon and a bunch of other sites) not to mention occasionally trying craigslist, and being on several of these social networking sites (facebook, myspace, friendster). I've had a whole lotta dates, some second, third and even less fourth, fifth and sixth dates, and rarely have actually dated a guy I met online for a few months.

But now I am in a drought. I still have profiles on most of those sites - many that I rarely ever visit, and several are on pay sites where I can't even read my mail without paying crap loads of money that I currently cannot afford to spend on dating sites that within the past year or so have really gotten me nowhere.

So here I am. I am recruiting you, dear friends and acquaintances and friends of friends and acquaintances, to help me - at the very least - to find some dates.

In the next few days I'm going to try to get the word out there about my blog, get feedback, and post all kinds of stuff to help you to help me. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment