Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I was talking to a friend yesterday about the show Bridezillas and he mentioned this song:
http://www.lyricsdownload.com/mr-t-experience-even-hitler-had-a-girlfriend-lyrics.html

My personal favorite song about dating, however, is Blind Dating Fun by Christine Lavin:
http://www.lyricsdownload.com/lavin-christine-blind-dating-fun-lyrics.html - and certain lines goes along perfectly with this blog too!

"So I called up all my girlfriends; I said, 'Introduce me, please.You've gotta know someone who's gotta have something in common with me.'" (right? Come on, people! ;)

And my personal favorite line:

"...how many times will I have to tell some stranger my life story? Which gets longer and longer and longer the longer I live on this earth. And how many times, will I pretend, I'm fascinated by the ordinary details of the lives, of the strangers, that I've encountered on my search?"

Bear with me while I'm getting this thing started folks, I'm slowly getting my bearings and figuring out how to do this whole blogging thing. And, as my friend Brendan (check out his blog at www.brendancalling.com) said to me - and I'm paraphrasing (badly) - "Just write. You will look back on your early stuff years from now and hate it, but by the time you get any sort of a following, you'll have gotten better and no one will be going back to read the old stuff anyway." Course, the only problem with that statement is that I honestly hope I won't still be single years from now - here's to hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment